Technische Universität Wien
Institute of Logic and Computation
Favoritenstraße 9–11, E192-01
|Room:||HB0414 (how to get there)|
Robert Ganian is an assistant professor ("Privatdozent") at the Vienna University of Technology, Austria, and a member of the Algorithms and Complexity Group. His main research interests are centered around the parameterized algorithms and complexity paradigm, with a special focus on the applications of this paradigm in artificial intelligence research.
He received his Ph.D. in 2012, has published over 100 articles in scientific journals and conference proceedings, and has an Erdős Number of 2.
- Principal Investigator of upcoming FWF START Project Y1329: Parameterized Analysis in Artificial Intelligence – ParAI (approx. EUR 1 150 000, starting in 2021).
- Principal Investigator of upcoming bilateral OeAD project Structural Approaches in Stability Under Diversity Constraints (approx. EUR 10 000, starting in 2021).
- Principal Investigator of FWF stand-alone project P31336: New Frontiers for Parameterized Complexity – NFPC (approx. EUR 250 000, ongoing).
- Coordinator of FWF stand-alone project P26696: Exploiting New Types of Structure for Fixed Parameter Tractability – X-TRACT (approx. EUR 350 000, completed).
Program Committee and Editorial Duties:
- Senior Program Committee member of the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI)
- Program Committee member of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI).
- Program Committee member of the International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR 2021).
- Program Committee member of the upcoming International Workshop on Graph-Theoretic Concepts in Computer Science (WG 2021).
- Program Committee member of the Workshop on Model Counting (MCW-2020), co-located with the 23rd International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing (SAT 2020).
- Guest Editor of the GROW 2017 and GROW 2019 special issues of Discrete Applied Mathematics.
Other Academic Activities:
- Organizer of the upcoming Dagstuhl seminar on Parameterized Complexity in Graph Drawing (to be held in 2021).
- Organization co-chair of the 9th Workshop on Graph Classes, Optimization, and Width Parameters (GROW 2019) in Vienna.
- Steering Committee member of the Workshop on Graph Classes, Optimization, and Width Parameters (GROW).
- Award Committee Co-Chair of the VCLA International Student Awards.
- Organization co-chair of ALGO 2017 in Vienna; ALGO is an annual congress combining the premier algorithmic conference European Symposium on Algorithms and a number of other specialized conferences and workshops. (300+ participants)
- Organizer of the Parameterized Complexity Summer School (PCSS 2017) in Vienna. (100+ participants)
- Invited by the organizers to give a series of tutorials at the European Summer School in Logic, Language and Information (ESSLLI 2017) in Toulouse. (Approximately 400 participants)
- Organizer of the workshop on Parameterized Complexity of Computational Reasoning (PCCR 2014) in Vienna. (40+ participants)
- Member of the organizing team of the Symposium on Structure in Hard Combinatorial Problems (STRUCTURE 2013) in Vienna. (40+ participants)