Services and Infrastructure
Last modified: 2022-10-10
provided by TU Wien/TU.it
There are several Accounts for employees for different services at TU Wien.
You will get a TUaccount which allows you to set and change passwords for these services. You have to set a password for upTUdate there to access your @tuwien.ac.at email account.
There is also a list of the mapping of services and passwords for employees.
This list shows only some highlights, for more information visit TU.it.
- TISS (TU Wien Information-Systems and Services), campus information system, find people, your pay slips, TUphone profile, etc.
- SAP (SAP Services), Leave Requests, Travel and Expenses, etc.
- upTUdate = email & calendar
- TUownCloud ownCloud service (20GB per user)
- WLAN information on how to use/configure WLAN (TUNET and EDUROAM)
- VPN To use full services of UB (University Library), etc. outside of TUNET
- ACOnet Filesender as an alternative to Dropbox and other file sharing services not located in the EU. Upload (to trustworthy server located in austria) up to 100GB and send link per mail
- Termino as an alternative to Doodle.
- Home Office Tools
provided by Algorithms and Complexity Group
- AC Account (ldap) for
- SSH Server
- Mail account
- Website account
- Workstation local account
- Presentation Notebook(s) shared user account
- Calendar (Google)
- Students Information (publicly accessible, but not linked in menus)
- Cluster/Grid Engine (publicly accessible, but not linked in menus)
- Version Control Systems (SVN,GIT)
- Server Storage, Quotas and Backup
- Coffee machine manuals
- How to Connect to the Screen in the Library
behemoth.ac.tuwien.ac.at (access to home1, submit host for cluster)
eowyn.ac.tuwien.ac.at (access to home1, submit host for cluster)
weasel.ac.tuwien.ac.at (access to homea,home1)
superweasel.ac.tuwien.ac.at (access to homea,home1)
Git & mattermost
You have a local account on your workstation.
yourworkstationsname.ac.tuwien.ac.at (access to home,homea,home1)
Some presentation notebooks have a shared user.
access to home1 only
server with gpu:
/home1: except paths with the string
"_noacbackup_" in it (without quotes).
- /home1 (5GB for students, 100GB for staff)
- sylvester @ printing room
- tweety @ secretaries office
- airplay mirror/chromecast/hdmi