Scientific Methodology / Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten
This seminar on scientific methodology deals with topics from the area of algorithmics especially from the following categories:
- Computational Geometry: Graph drawing, Map labeling, Line simplification, ...
- Optimization Techniques and Problems: Heuristic & exact methods, Routing, Scheduling, ...
- Parameterized Algorithms: Courcelle's theorem, Kernelization, ...
- Structural Decomposition Techniques: Tree decompostions, Clique width, ...
A mandatory preliminary meeting ("verpflichtender Informationstermin") will be held on 13.3.2017 from 13:00 to 14:00 at EI 3A Hoersaal in the Electrotechnical Institute.
The topic selection starts in the week of 2017-03-13 in TUWEL.
For general questions send a mail to: seminar (at) ac.tuwien.ac.at
The course will mimic a typical scientific process and the participants are required to hand in:
- A Literature list outlining the results of the literature research
- A presentation of the selected topic
- A first version of the seminar paper which will undergo a review process
- Two blind reviews of papers written by other participants
- A final version of the seminar paper including the improvements from the review process
The preferred language for this seminar is English.